What are the Best Bets in Casino Craps?
In craps, as with all the great online casino games featured at Juicy Stakes Casino, the best bets are the ones that have the lowest edge and the highest statistical payout rate. Do you want to make money playing craps? Are you prepared to build a bankroll? If you are, you will find the best craps bets right here!
Shooting the dice is synonymous with gambling and at Juicy Stakes Casino we feature craps amongst a litany of super-hot table games. If you haven’t played craps before, it is one of the few casino games that offers even money bets – and those are the bets renowned for their low house edge. That doesn’t mean it is a game for low rollers. Oh no, there are craps bets that pay out at odds of 30:1.
Multiple Bets and a Head-Scratching Layout
The only problem is when you open craps in your browser, the first thing you will notice is the incredibly complex layout consisting of three distinct zones. Each of the zones is plastered with lines, pockets, numbers and die denoting the various bet types. The key here is not to get confused or intimidated. Although there are literally a dozen or so different kinds of bets you can place on each roll of the dice, the rules of the game are actually quite simple.
What we are essentially focussing on today are the craps bets that have the highest statistical return to player. These are the bets that really are ‘the best bet’. Anybody who takes their gambling seriously right here at Juicy Stakes Casino is advised to adopt a strategy based on exploiting these bets. Before we get into the different bet types that you should ideally focus on, let’s have a quick recap of how to play the game.
How to Play Craps at Juicy Stakes Casino
The first roll of the dice is called the come out roll and that essentially determines the outcome of the pass line and don’t pass line bets. When you roll a 7 or 11, you can roll again. Rolling 2, 3 or 12 ends the round. When you roll any other number – 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 – the point is established and the ‘on’ button on the gaming interface moves to that particular number on the layout. You then have to keep on rolling the dice until either:
- the point shows up and you roll again, or
- 7 is rolled and the game ends.
The Odds are a Direct Reflection of Probability
Along with the pass and don’t pass line bets that have to be placed before the come out roll, there are odds bets, field bets, place bets, buy bets and so on. All these bets can be placed simultaneously with the pass line bets or as the game progresses until either the 7 or point is rolled. These bets are essentially more precise wagers on what the next roll of the dice will be.
It is a bit like playing roulette at Juicy Stakes Casino. As with craps, you can place several different bets on each spin of the wheel. The outside bets like red or black, odd or even and so on are the even money bets. Inside bets like corner bets, split bets and straight up number bets pay out at odds of 18:1 and 35:1.
The more precise the prediction you have wagered on, the higher the odds and the lower the probability is of achieving that particular outcome. As an example, the horn bet in craps pays 15:1 if the next roll of the dice is 3 or 11 and 30:1 when a 2 or 12 is rolled. In these bets there is no margin for error and the odds reflect that fact.
What are the Craps Bets that Players Make at Juicy Stakes Casino?
Here’s a list of the most popular craps bets made, together with a brief outline of each:
- Pass line bets win even money when the come out roll is 7 or 11 and lose on 2, 3 or 12. When the point is rolled, the bet wins. If the value equals 7, the bet loses.
- Don’t pass bets pay out at odds of 1:1 when the come-out roll is 2 or 3 and loses on 7 or 11. When the value is 12, the bet is a push and the round ends. If the point is established and is rolled again, the bet loses. When 7 is rolled the bet wins.
- Come bets pay even money when the first roll after the point is 7 or 11 and loses on 2, 3 or 12. If any other value is rolled it is known as the point for the come bet. As with the pass bet, you win if the point is achieved again and lose when 7 shows up.
- Don’t come bets are exactly the same as the don’t pass bets. You lose on 7 or 11 and win on 2, 3 or 12. Any other value is the point and you win on 7 and lose when the point is rolled again.
- Odds bets are extensions of the pass, don’t pass, come and don’t come bets. They win and lose on the point and 7 exactly like the bets above but offer odds of up to 5:6 based on the value of the point.
- Place win bets can be placed on 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10. If the number you bet on shows up before the 7, you are paid out at odds of up to 9:5.
- Place lose bets are the opposite of place win bets. You win when 7 is rolled before the number you bet on and are paid out at odds that range from 4:5 to 5:11.
How Do you Know Which of the Craps Bets is the Best?
As we have mentioned ad nauseum, the best bets at Juicy Stakes Casino are the bets that have the lowest house edge and the highest statistical return to player. These are the bets that have the best chance of winning. As you are now fully aware, the chance or probability of something actually happening is represented by the odds.
In the case of the pass line and don’t pass line and come and don’t come bets there is almost a 50/50 chance of winning – we say ‘almost’ because it is a matter of two numbers (7 and 11) against three (2, 3 or 12). As a result, the bets pay out at odds of 1:1 – or as it is known in gambling circles, even money.
In statistical terms, the best craps bets that you can place right now at Juicy Stakes Casino are:
- Don’t pass line and don’t come bets - they have an edge of just 1.35% and an average RTP of 98.65%
- Pass line and come bets - the edge is a respectable 1.41% and the RTP 98.59%
Go on, give the dice a roll right now at Juicy Stakes Casino. Registering an account is quick and easy… so sign up and start winning!